Friday, January 23, 2015

Pulvis Et Umbra Interview

1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording and release of the new album?
Sure!! I (Damy) got a couple of endorsement with NY clothing brand EXPLORE APPAREL and UK strings manufacture company.
DOVETAIL STRINGS; I also design new t shirts which are currently still on sale together with the album.
I also got in touch with RAN GUITARS (polish company who endorsed artists like Cannibal Corpse, Annihilator, Vader, Obscura etc) and the company will release a PULVIS ET UMBRA crusher 6 artist model during the end of 2015.
From January 2015 the band engaged 3 session live musician after deal a yearly cooperation with booking agency FULL METAL SERVICE

2.In 2014 you had released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
First of all I have to say it was it was an interesting challenge for me due that I record all instruments / vocals; that was the main difference between the previous release. The album is a mix of songs which I cannot succeed to release during my early years with the band due to lack of musical knowledge while other part of songs was written during the last month of the band itself so I added them new idea/arrangements and wrote all lyrics. I would like to describe PULVIS ET UMBRA music as a kind of turning circle due that our first release was a half acoustic EP ; I’m already writing some material for a couple of new EPs and the second one will be surely acoustic as well ☺

3.The band has been around since 2001 but so far has only released 2 demo's and 2 full length's, can you tell us a little bit more about the gap between releases?
Those gap were all due to line up changes … it’s a situation that suck because You waste a lot amount of time finding people really interested in a project who rehears with together for let them learn song and this point of course bring You to stop live activity and songwriting . It’s also funny to see the huge difference of time spent between recording a full length as a band instead of a one man act (second choice will works better)

4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Well, 90% of the lyrics talk about life experience, moods, feelings, personal point of view etc. Being also a fan of space mission I decide to dedicate a couple of lyrics (“Kosmonaut” -  taken from album Reaching The end - and “Lost Moon”) to those spacemen hehehe

5.I know that the band name is latin 'for dust and shadow' and was a quotation of the Roman Poet Horace, how does this name fit in with the musical style that you play?
You’re right, PULVIS ET UMBRA stays per DUST AND SHADOW; I can’t deny that it probably could fits better for a black metal or doom band but I liked it and I decided to keep it in latin due that in my opinion sounds cool than the english form… that’s all ☺

6.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
It’s a hard to fill a kind of list but I surely report the Slovakian mini tour in 2009, the show with BLOOD TSUNAMI in 2008, our performance at BERGAMO METAL FEST and our first gigs at two great Italian venues (THUNDER ROAD  /and JCAFE )
The main word before go on stage in “have fun and let people enjoy the gig” but at the same time no one must have to play drunk, I hate those things….

7.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
Yes!! PULVIS ET UMBRA will play in Russia from march 6 up to march 14 supporting Uk band BLOODSHOT DAWN then we’ll open a couple of gigs for Swedish groove metallers CHUGGER in may (Switzerland + Germany) .

8.Currently the band is signed to Pavement Entertainment, how did you get in contact with this label and also how would you describe the support they have given you so far?
I sent an email plus press kit and audio links to different label ‘til Mark Nawara from PAVEMENT got in touch with me and we deal a digital distribution for the album . Actually the 90% of the press and review contact are still manage by myself

9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of death and thrash metal?
Well, I consider PULVIS ET UMBRA as still an underground band but it’s nice to check that people from US, Russian, Spain, Uk are discovering us and like our stuff; it’s the best reward that an artist could receive ☺

10.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
I’m an open mind person but adding too much influences in extreme metal isn’t always the best choice; actually I’m writing new stuff mixing  crossover, polyrhythm and few black metal influences; it sound not bad even if arpeggio off course will be always a main element in my way of playing

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I start play guitar after listening to METALLICA “Metallica”; 80’s thrash metal, hard rock and both Scandinavian/American death schools  will be of course my main roots. Actually I listen to almost each type of genre, from trance to industrial, from celtic music up to movie soundtracks etc… I listen to everything I like ☺

12.What are some of your non musical interests?
Travelling, driving, reading books, movies, hang out at the pub with friends, conceptual works, sleeping, tattoo and mojito of course hahah

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Support us on FB at www.facebook.com/pulvisetumbraofficial and support TrueBringerOfDeath because metal blog/zine are actually better
than each famous webzine or magazine \m/ You rock.


No comments:

Post a Comment